Having an allergic reaction to Invisalign clear aligners is rare, but it can happen. It's more common in people with teeth that are sensitive to Invisalign who have some type of sensitivity to plastic. Your reaction can be very mild or severe and life-threatening. It would be a waste of resources to buy Invisalign aligners to discover later that you are allergic to the material.
Because it's possible to have an allergic reaction to plastic, Invisalign's transparent plastic aligners are an easy way to cause a reaction. It would be a waste of money to buy Invisalign aligners to discover later that you are allergic to their material. If you experience a mild reaction to Invisalign, your dentist in Bowie has a few methods to reduce symptoms. Unfortunately, some people don't realize that they're allergic to Invisalign until they've already started treatment and spent the money needed to do so.
While it's highly unlikely, it is possible for people to have an allergic reaction to Invisalign clear aligners. The aligners are made of plastic, which can cause an allergic reaction in some people. The good news is that because the aligners can be removed, they are more practical and comfortable than traditional metal braces. If you think you may be allergic to the aligners used in Invisalign, it is important to talk to your dentist about the signs and symptoms you're experiencing.
Symptoms of an allergic reaction may include redness, itching, swelling, and hives. If you have already started treatment with Invisalign, drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day can help reduce the symptoms of an allergic reaction. In the vast majority of cases, the allergic reaction is not severe enough to prevent patients from continuing treatment with Invisalign. However, it is important to talk to your dentist if you think you may be having an allergic reaction so that they can help you manage your symptoms and determine if it is safe for you to continue treatment.
If you are considering getting Invisalign clear aligners, it is important to talk to your dentist about any allergies or sensitivities you may have so that they can help determine if this type of treatment is right for you.